in this issue
|Optical measurement system for real-time estimation
of gas pollutants' concentration based on artificial neural network
1Wojcik W., 2Gotra Z., 1Duk
M., 1Kotyra A., 1Przylucki S.W., 1Smolarz
1 Department of Electronics, Technical University
of Lublin, 38A Nadbystrzycka St.,
20-618 Lublin, Poland
2 Lviv State Technical University, 12 Bandery
St., Lviv, Ukraine
download full version
In this paper we present optoelectronic measurement system for monitoring
the industrial gas pollutants. The system consists of a source of light,
an optical fiber as a data transmission link, a spectrometer, an optical
detection system and a neural network unit for a real-time spectral data
processing. We have paid the major attention to the neural network structure
and its properties in gas recognition and gas concentration estimation.
Key words: neural network, power industry, spectroscopy, environmental
1. Par Ragnarson, 1994. "Optical Techniques for Measurements of Atmospheric
Trace Gases" Lund Raports on Atomic Physics LRAP-152, Lund Institute of
Technology, Department of Physics, April.
2. Keller Paul E , Richard T Kozues, Kangas Lars J, 1993. Procceding
of the 8-th Conference on Real-Time Computer Applications in Nuclear, Particle
and Plasma Physics.
3. Krolopp WJ, Wójcik W, Kotyra A, Przylucki
S, Smolarz A, 1998. Reports of the Lodz Polytechnick, Electrical 90: 5–38.
4. Kohonen T, 1995. Self-Organizing Maps, Spriger Series in Information
5. Xiang Ouyang, Philip L Varghese, 1989. Appl. Optics 38.